Acid reflux often leads to discomfort and in the normal routine of an individual.
What is Acid Reflux?
This condition can be caused by various factors:
- Malfunctioning lower esophageal sphincter: Acid reflux is caused by a food. However, when it doesn’t function properly, it tends to remain open for a longer duration, which leads to this condition. of the lower sphincter. The function of this area of the is to open for a few seconds during the swallowing of
- Gastroesophageal defects: Malfunctioning of the anti-reflux barrier and gastroesophageal valve may also cause this condition.
- Digestive problems: In the case of children and , it results from the system malfunctioning.
- Food items: There are certain chocolates, fruits, and drinks, mint, and . Even the consumption of can cause this problem. items that can cause acid reflux, these include the overconsumption of ,
- Pregnancy: Acid reflux can also be experienced by those going through a . The shift in the levels of the body during pregnancy is considered as the reason behind it.
- Sleeping after meals: Furthermore, an immediate nap after high- content foods is one of the primary causes of acid reflux.
- Others: Being exercise, high intake of salt, and a diet low on fiber could be some of the other causes of acid reflux. , taking certain medications like , , and other , no
Theof acid reflux include:
- Difficulties swallowing and food
- (burning sensation in the chest)
- Abdominal pain
- Burning and in the throat
- in the
- Constant sinus drips
Acid reflux has many unpleasant effects on various parts of the body like: