Acidity is a common occurrence after a particularly heavy or an after-hours . We might say that the oily, food and the late night shenanigans are to blame. But few realize the unhealthy habits and poor choices that cause this condition.
What is Acidity?
The glands secrete acid to the food and kill any . occurs when these produce high amounts of acid, much higher than what is needed for the process of digestion. A person from this condition might experience a burning sensation in the stomach region, or right below the hollow of the breastbone. Acidity is also known by other names such as and acid reflux.we consume passes through the into the , where the
As mentioned earlier, acidity is caused due to the excessive production of acids in the. However, there must be some conditions or causes that contribute to this potentially dangerous situation.
- Consumption of food that fiber and is highly refined and processed
- Abnormal mental conditions like chronic stress or anxiety
- Food containing a high content of spices or
- Bad eating habits like and eating quickly
- Smoking and
- Keeping your stomach empty for a long time
- Insomnia and the lack of proper exercise
- Heartburn: This is the symptom of acidity that when shows up, cannot be ignored without medication. It is a burning feeling in the chest, just behind the breastbone. One may experience it right after eating and it may continue for a minute up to an hour. Heartburn is a very common problem with acid cancer, etc. It is also important that you check with your if you experience chest pain while or exerting yourself, as this can also be the sign of heart attack. The symptom of heartburn reaches a high when you lie down, resulting from the movement of acid from the stomach (where it actually belongs) towards the esophagus. and is also one that shouldn’t be left untreated as it can lead to life-threatening conditions like Barett’s Esophagus,
- Regurgitation: Next in line is the symptom of regurgitation. When you get this feeling of acid accumulating in your or throat, it is a sign of acid reflux. It makes the taste of your mouth bitter and makes you feel pukish.
- Sore Throat: A sore throat in acid reflux can come in many forms. These include esophagitis, which pesters the lining the throat; and dysphagia, wherein the patient suffers from a difficulty in swallowing food. Besides, one may also experience hoarseness, coughing, inflammation, throat pain, etc. as a result of acidity. These typical and symptoms can also indicate another issue that is acidity.
- Asthma: Acidity can also trigger asthma. This is because, with the constant coughing and acid reflux, the passage and get affected, thereby making it difficult to breathe. Another reason for this is that when acid enters the esophagus, it triggers a reflex which down the to keep the acid from entering. This results in or difficulty in .
So, if yourpain accompanies any of these symptoms, then you’re probably suffering from acidity. Although, it is highly recommended that you see a doctor because these symptoms can also be a sign of a more dangerous condition.
Acidity is a serious dyspepsia. Also, it may give rise to situations like constipation and food swallowing disorders. A person suffering from it is prone to pain while contracting and also, a sensation of pain in the ., which may lead to further problems like acid reflux and