Acne scars ranging from dark hyperpigmentation to angry red spots are a much-feared skincare issue. In some cases, there could be an in the or when the are or scratched. The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) reports that there are as many as 50 million Americans with this skin condition.
What is Acne?
Basically, According to the dermatologists at the Acne Research Institute in California, and can even experience acne at 25 or 35 years of age, sometimes even older, which many don’t know since acne is typically associated with and pubescent individuals.refers to the , whiteheads, and short pink called papules, which appear on the in the form of as a result of prolonged contact with , polluted , sweat, or . Acne usually occurs on the , but areas like the , , , chest, and are also not spared by this skin condition in certain cases.
Acne is caused due to clogged outbreak of lesions, as reported by the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin . Acne can be an embarrassing condition to experience when you are a teenager or an ; but once those hormonally charged years are over, and you have reduced the chances of recurrences, the , spots, and after marks of acne can still cause a lot of self- and problems. That is why curing the condition of acne is not enough; the acne scars must also be taken care of.and an
There are a number of things responsible for acne scars. Different dermatologists have differentfor their emergence. Although of them indicate a whole and cause of it, one thing that is common is that they are by the skin of a person and the environmental conditions in which they live. Below, we have discussed some of the reasons for acne :
- Presence of Oil on the Skin: Too much healing process and causing scars. makes it difficult for the skin to breathe by clogging the skin pores, thereby slowing the
- Accumulation of Bacteria: The ideal place for the to grow is around the . This results in red and yellow colored lesions on the acne prone area.
- Dead Skin Cells: The oil present inside your skin ; this process helps your skin. When these oil glands secrete a huge amount of sebum, it results in the accumulation of dead skin , which causes acne scarring.
The above three are the primary reasons or causes of acne scarring. We shall also take a look at the secondary reasons:
- Genetics: also play an important role in acne scarring. Those who have parents who went through the same ordeal are more prone to have acne scars than others.
- Poking and Pinching: Another thing that can cause scars is the pinching and poking of acne spots or pimples.
- No Treatment: If you have acne and are experiencing a lot of them on the face, , shoulders, etc., then it is crucial that you take some treatment for it. Because if you don’t, then acne scars are to happen.
The following are the common signs of acne scarring.
- Raised lesions: These are the most common and have pus within them. They are also called pustules.
- Dark spots: After the acne , it leaves pigmented spots that are a form of scarring that could take a few weeks or months to heal.