Drinking blueberry juice is a great way to boost your nutrient intake for the day – and it happens to be quite delicious as well!
What is Blueberry Juice?
content. Blueberry juice is widely considered to be good for overall health, as there are countless benefits to increasing your intake of this powerful berry.juice is made by blending or pressing blueberries, scientifically members of the Vaccinium genus, into a nutrient-dense beverage. These berries are some of the healthiest berries available and are often considered a superfood for their high
Blueberry Juice Nutrition
When it comes to nutrition, blueberry juice offers extremely high levels of vitamin C, as well as good amounts of dietary fiber, vitamin A, potassium, and vitamin K. This juice also contains high levels of tannins, , , and various other antioxidants that can have positive effects on your health and wellbeing.
Blueberry Juice Benefits
The main benefits of blueberry juice include its ability to improve digestion, aid in weight loss, prevent ’s and Parkinson’s, reduce the risk of chronic diseases, protect the heart, and boost eye health, among others.
The high level of antioxidants found in these berries can help prevent oxidative stress in the brain, thus lowering plaque deposition and lowering your risk of diseases, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
The various antioxidants in blueberry juice can affect skin health as well, preventing inflammation and oxidative stress in the face and the rest of the body, which slows the advance of wrinkles, , and age spots.
Since this juice is so nutrient-dense but relatively low in calories, it can help your body feel full, thus preventing , snacking between meals, and other bad habits that compromise your weight loss goals.
If you are an athlete or have suffered an injury of some kind, repair and recovery are very important. The high concentration of vitamin C in this juice can stimulate the production of collagen, which is necessary for new tissue and cell growth throughout the body.
When consumed in moderation, this juice is able to suppress blood sugar levels and regulate the release of insulin in the body, which is great news for diabetics or those at high risk for this condition.
Urinary Tract Infections
The immune-boosting effects of this juice can help treat urinary tract infections (UTIs) in a natural and effective way.
How to Make?
Making blueberry juice is quite easy, whether you are using a juicer or a blender. Despite the nutrient-dense nature of this juice, you should limit your intake to 1-2 glasses per day, to prevent any unwanted side effects.
- Step 1: Wash 1 cup of blueberries, as well as 1 apple and 1/2 a cucumber.
- Step 2: Core and cut the apple and cucumber.
- Step 3: Add all fruit to a blender, along with 1/2 cup of water.
- Step 4: Blend thoroughly for 20-30 seconds.
- Step 5: Pour the resultant juice through a fine mesh strainer.
- Step 6: Use a spatula to press the puree, separating the juice.
- Step 7: Add juice from 1/4 of a fresh lemon and enjoy!
Despite the overwhelming benefits of this fruit, there can be some side effects, particularly when this beverage is consumed in excess.
- Blueberries are known to act as both blood thinners and blood sugar-reducers
- Drinking too much of this juice can drop your blood sugar level dangerously low
- Intake of excess juice can exacerbate bleeding disorders
- Furthermore, blueberries do contain a compound called salicylate, to which some people are sensitive, as it can cause allergic reactions.
Generally speaking, however, drinking a moderate amount of this juice per day is perfectly safe.