Human breast milk is intended for newborns and it is the best food that a mother could possibly give her offspring. It also plays a key role in ensuring healthy growth and development of newly born babies.
Breast Milk Deficiency Symptoms
An inadequate breast milk supply for the baby may be detected by the following symptoms:
- Frequent crying by the baby due to an insufficient milk supply.
- No tenderness of the breast experienced by mothers.
- Pale complexion of the infant.
- Breast milk is very clear and dilute.
- The baby is always weak and tired.
Factors Affecting Breast Milk Supply
The breast milk supply can also be affected by manyissues and factors. Some of them include;
- New mothers may often become or highly emotional due to hormonal changes that occur during the rigorous and birthing process, which may adversely affect breast milk secretion
- The milk flow may also diminish if the mother mainly uses one breast, or if other supplementary foods are introduced for the milk-suckling infants
- Women who have undergone recent breast surgery may also witness lack of breast milk
- Some women also experience problems due to breast milk deficiency
- Premature birth can also lead to breast milk deficiency
- Use of certain medications, , or birth control pills before the newborn is four months old can also lead to low milk production
- Lack of at night before sleeping can cause reduce the prolactin levels, thereby lowering breast milk
- Excessive consumption of coffee, tea, or drinks may also lead to an insufficient supply of breast milk
Thus, it is very important that every breastfeeding mother maintains a proper diet and include wholesome food items, along with drinking an ample amount of juice, water, and milk.