Breast Milk Deficiency Symptoms
An inadequate breast milk supply for the baby may be detected by the following symptoms:
- Frequent by the baby due to an insufficient milk supply.
- No tenderness of the breast experienced by mothers.
- Pale complexion of the .
- Breast milk is very clear and dilute.
- The baby is always weak and .
Factors Affecting Breast Milk Supply
The breast milk supply can also be affected by manyissues and factors. Some of them include;
- New mothers may often become or highly emotional due to changes that occur during the and birthing process, which may adversely affect breast milk secretion
- The milk flow may also diminish if the mother mainly uses one breast, or if other supplementary are introduced for the milk-suckling
- Women who have undergone recent breast surgery may also witness lack of breast milk
- Some women also experience problems due to breast milk deficiency
- Premature birth can also lead to breast milk deficiency
- Use of certain medications, , or birth control before the newborn is four months old can also lead to low milk production
- Lack of breastfeeding at night before can cause reduce the prolactin levels, thereby lowering breast milk
- Excessive consumption of coffee, tea, or alcoholic drinks may also lead to an insufficient supply of breast milk
Thus, it is very important that everymother maintains a proper diet and include food items, along with an ample amount of , , and milk.