You can add cacao nibs to your diet in a number of clever ways to enjoy the many benefits they can provide!
What Are Cacao Nibs?
Cacao nibs are the purest form of chocolate, made from crushed and lightly processed cacao beans. The reason that these nibs are so highly sought after is their uniquely potent flavor, as well as their additive-free nature. The minimal amount of processing also allows these nibs to retain nearly the full value of the cacao beans, which are packed with and other nutrients. Cacao nibs are widely considered a healthy snack and flavoring ingredient, but they don’t melt like normal . The melty chocolate only forms when the nibs are ground up into a paste, which is processed and then solidified.
Cacao Nibs Nutrition
fiber, with nearly 9 grams in a 1-ounce serving. These nibs are also great sources of iron and magnesium, along with high levels of compounds (antioxidants), monounsaturated fats, and protein. In terms of calories, these nibs contain about 200 calories per cup, although most people would never consume that many nibs in one sitting.speaking, cacao nibs are very high in dietary
Cacao Nibs Health Benefits
Muscle and Nerve Function
The combination of antioxidants andfats makes these nibs a tonic for nervine health, while also helping to improve communication and muscle function in the body.
These are low in calories but proven to boost the metabolism, while high fiber levels keep you feeling full, thus reducing cravings and snacking.
Regularly consuming iron-dense foods can lower your risk of anemia (iron deficiency), as well as its many side effects, such as fatigue and muscle weakness.
Fiber and polyphenolic compounds, as well as monounsaturated fats, all work to lower cholesterol levels, improve the integrity of blood vessels, and generally protect your wellness.
How to Use Cacao Nibs?
These nibs can be used in many different ways, such as the following.
- Adding a few to your coffee for a sweet treat
- Adding them to smoothies and shakes to add an antioxidant bonus.
- Some people enjoy sprinkling cacao nibs on top of their salads, in their granola, on top of yogurt or in trail mixes.
- You can add the nibs to your ice cream, or even mix them in with baked vegetables for extra flavor.
Cacao Nibs Side Effects
The notable side effects of cacao nibs relate to their caffeine content, as well as potential and complications of pregnancy.
- Caffeine: These nibs contain both caffeine and theobromine, two high blood pressure. that some people consciously avoid, particularly if they have nervous disorders or
- Contamination: Most nibs come in their pure, raw form, which does expose you to a high risk of contamination from bacteria or other pathogens that would be neutralized in the processed form (cocoa).
- Pregnancy: Due to the caffeine content and powerful effects of cacao nibs, most pregnant and breastfeeding women are recommended not to use it.