Do you like coming home to a warm bowl of soup? If you are nodding in agreement, you have arrived at the right place. Canned soups are good options for days when you cannot muster up the carrot and coriander soup? The sweetness of and the refreshing flavor of will surely impress you.to cook but let’s be . They fail to give a homey feel. Remember the savory aroma when your mom used to make your favorite soup? Why don’t we help you get that lovely feel through this healthy
How To Make Carrot and Coriander Soup?
Making carrot and coriander soup is incredibly easy. If you have the basic ingredients like carrots, coriander, and chicken stock on hand, a soup is just a few minutes away.or
The taste of this soup lingers between sweet and spicy, leaving it upon you to decide which is best. It also comes with a nutritious boost and it is quite versatile. Fill in a large bowl and you’re set for dinner. Stir in some sauteed potatoes, broccoli, other of your choice, and blend them together. Cook them over medium heat to have a stewy texture! You can also add dumplings into the soup.
So let’s get started with the recipe.
Easy Carrot and Coriander Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander seeds ground
- 450 g carrots peeled and chopped
- 1.2 liters vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 potato diced, optional
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- salt to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan and add chopped onions to it. Fry them for about five minutes until they soften. Now, add about 1/4th cup of cilantro into the pan and mix it well.
- After the onion and cilantro have softened, stir in the ground coriander. You can also add potatoes if you want. Mix well and let it cook for one minute.
- Keeping your pan on medium heat, add the chopped carrots and pour in the stock now. Bring the mixture to a boil so that the vegetables soften.
- Check the mixture and cook it for 15 - 20 minutes more if the carrots are still hard. Cover the pan so that it cooks easily.
- Once, the carrots have become fork-tender, let the mixture cool for a while. Blend it well using a food processor or a stick blender. If you fancy a chunky soup then you can leave a few carrot chunks behind.
- Now, pour the soup back into the pan to reheat it. Add salt, pepper, and other spices like garlic powder to taste. Stir it well and top with fresh cilantro, croutons, or a swirl of soured cream before serving.
If you are looking for sides that will help make your soup a meal, go for bread, roast, pasta, sandwich, or salads. Here are our favorite picks!
- Easy-To-Make Cheese Garlic Bread
- Tomato Basil Salad
- Delicious Roasted Vegetables
- Golden Roasted Potatoes
Do you have a different way to make this soup? We would love to know. So, share your recipe with us here.