How to Cut a Grapefruit?
There are a few different ways to cut a, but there are two main ones, the first being easier and causing you to lose more , the second being more time-intensive, but losing less and flavor.
- Begin by slicing the grapefruit in half across the middle, with the stem side facing up.
- Each half will have 12-16 clear chunks in the grapefruit, divided by white .
- Using a sharp knife or a grapefruit , you can carve out each of these chunks and then scoop out the grapefruit piece.
However, this method does tend to be messier, and you will inevitably lose some juice along the way. It is faster to separate the chunks with a serrated knife, rather than relying on a grapefruit spoon.
This second method is a bit more time-intensive but will let you get more of the fruit.
- Begin by cutting off the top and bottom of the grapefruit, enough to just expose the inner pink .
- Slowly start to remove the , with your when possible, and then with a sharp paring knife, cutting as close to the white pith as possible.
- Using your fingers, pick off as much of the outer white membrane as possible, revealing the pink flesh.
- Using your knife, slice along the dividing lines of pith between the segments and remove them.