Dry hair is one of the general problems faced by millions of people in the world. There can be several reasons for this dryness of the hair.
What is Dry Hair?
Dry hair occurs when the hair lacks the oil (skin also have dryness of hair as the skin of their scalp is also dry. Hair can also become dry due to certain practices like those explained below.) that is naturally produced by the of the scalp. Without sufficient sebum, the hair become dry and are more vulnerable to damage. Usually, people with dry
There can be several reasons that contribute to dry hair including:
- Over-shampooing the hair
- Swimming in pools with excessively chlorinated
- Excessive use of styling products like gels, hair sprays, and colors
- Perming, drying or straightening the hair
- Certain medications and medical treatments
- Bath water with a high amount of minerals
- Exposing your hair to sun, wind, and extreme temperatures
Hair can become dry due to many reasons or even a combination of them. Here are some signs to look for to diagnose that you have dry hair:
- Snaps easily, no flexibility
- Split ends
- Rough texture
- Dull, lusterless strands