Duodenitis may come in different forms, but this almost always involves the of the lining of the .
What is Duodenitis?
In indication of inflammation of the duodenum. The duodenum is a part of the small and is connected to the , and when this region is it can cause stomach and gastritis. Duodenitis can further lead to duodenal ulcers that develop in the small intestine, thus causing more pain.terms, is an
There are three types of duodenitis namely:
- Chronic and acute
- Non-erosive and erosive
- Post-bulbar and bulbar
Duodenitis may be caused by a variety of means but the most common ones are:
- infection: This bacterium found in the stomach is known to lead to the of duodenitis.
- Excessive secretion of stomach acid
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID): and anti-inflammatory should be discontinued or even completely avoided. It is also possible that if the inflammation is severe enough, it can cause .
- Smoking: This may cause and certainly exacerbates the development of duodenitis.
- Ill or hospitalized patients: Those with poor intake are susceptible to this disease.
Theof duodenitis include the following:
- Abdominal pain and discomfort
- Burning sensation in the stomach
- Damage to the and
- Pain around the navel