What is Edema?
Edema is the swelling of a body part caused by fluid retention. In this condition, there is a “trapping of fluids in” which occurs when your blood vessels leak fluid into the surrounding tissues. The buildup of fluid causes the affected area to swell. It could also be accompanied by or pain.
There can be quite a few ultimate and proximate causes behind this health condition.
- heart troubles; the most serious form is edema that can even lead to heart failure and
- Getting hurt at any of your body part or a ligament is torn
- Standing for a long time or walking for hours
- Allergic reaction from an insect bite
- women often get swollen feet
The symptoms of edema differ depending on the type and location. Some of the common symptoms are as follows:
- in joints
- Veins begin to pop
- Raised blood pressure
- Blurred vision