Fenugreek oil can be an excellent addition to your diet and health regimen, and has a variety of health benefits that many people are completely unaware of!
What is Fenugreek Oil?
essential oil pressed or extracted from the seeds of the fenugreek plant, which is scientifically known as Trigonella foenum-graecum and is native to Southeast Asia. It has been a part of popular medicine for thousands of years, dating all the way back to ancient Egypt. The effects of this oil are due to its high of flavonoids, vitamins, saponins, and , as well as cinnamic acid and other . This oil is a yellow color, but it can also have darker brown tones, at times and the aroma is quite potent.oil is the
Types of Fenugreek Oil
- Fenugreek Pressed oil: This oil is primarily a mixture of fatty acids and is known to be good for the body
- Fenugreek Essential oil: This oil contains more volatile compounds and antioxidants and is very popular for its benefits
Fenugreek Oil Benefits
The best benefits of fenugreek oil include its effect on
- Treating acne
- Relieving boils & irritated skin
- Weight loss
- Promoting breast enlargement
- Improving health
- Managing diabetes
- Giving relief from stress and anxiety
- Boosting kidney health
Let us look at some of the benefits in detail below:
One of the unique benefits of this oil is its role in breast enlargement. By making a paste and applying it to the breasts, the antioxidant and hormone-altering compounds are believed to stimulate breast growth.
The topical use of fenugreek oil is beneficial in providing relief from irritated skin and boils
Fenugreek oil can have benefits for the hair, as it promotes hair growth and prevents dandruff. This oil can also be combined with yogurt or coconut oil to make a hair pack or to prevent graying of hair.
For many years, this oil has been used as a means of expelling mucus, clearing out your respiratory tracts, while also attacking the underlying infections.
This oil is well known to reduce the level of blood sugar, which reduces the diabetes-induced strain on the pancreas and the kidneys. This makes the management of diabetes easier, and also reduces the chances of the condition causing further damage.
Mood and Stress
Fenugreek oil is able to stimulate kidney function, which means faster of the body, and a lower risk of chronic disease.
Fenugreek Oil Uses
There are a number of different uses for fenugreek oil, including the following:
- Topical Moisturizer and Skin Cleanser: If you want to make a skin mask using this oil, some people blend 10 drops of the oil with 10 drops of vitamin E oil, as well as a scoop of yogurt. Apply this to the skin or face for incredible effects.
- Aromatherapy & Massage: This oil can be used in massage oil and can be combined with other essential oils like cinnamon oil. , or as a
You can also consume this oil, however in moderation and in a very diluted fashion!
How to Store Fenugreek Oil?
Store fenugreek oil in dark bottles, in a cool and dry place. Exposing the oil to sunlight or heat will cause it to rapidly denature, losing both its potent aroma and its health benefits. When stored properly, the oil can remain viable for up to 18 months.
Fenugreek Oil Side Effects
There are some side effects of fenugreek oil, that include the following:
- Allergic Reactions & Inflammation: Avoid use if you are allergic to fenugreek.
- Pregnancy: There are powerful active ingredients in this oil that can affect hormonal levels, which usually isn’t good for pregnant or nursing women.
- Hypoglycemia: Furthermore, the blood sugar-lowering properties of the oil can be dangerous when consumed in conjunction with blood sugar lowering medication. Those with bleeding disorders may also have their condition exacerbated when consuming an excess of this oil.
So exercise caution before consuming this oil.