Ask

Are rhubarb leaves poisonous?

Marked as spam
Posted by
76 views
3
Private answer

The stem of rhubarb plant is edible, but its leaves are poisonous. Rhubarb leaves contain poisonous substances such as oxalic acid, which is harmful to consume. It has also been found that the rhubarb plant contains anthraquinone glycosides in its leaves that are toxic to the body.

Marked as spam
Posted by
Answered on April 28, 2018 8:28 am
To Comment : Sign-in or Comment Anonymously
0
Private answer

There is something called oxalic acid which is why it is termed poisonous

Marked as spam
Posted by
Answered on April 25, 2018 1:00 pm
To Comment : Sign-in or Comment Anonymously

Post your Answer

Attach YouTube/Vimeo clip putting the URL in brackets: [https://youtu.be/Zkdf3kaso]
Login to answer / vote

RELATED ARTICLES

TOP ARTICLES

Close-up view of sliced lemon with baking soda on a wooden table

Baking soda and lemon juice together have benefits like detoxifying the body, improving digestion and heart health, boosting immunity, and preventing chronic diseases.

READ MORE
A close up of wooden spoon filled with dried cloves

Cloves also contain anti-mutagenic & anti-microbial properties, along with fighting against oral diseases & headaches and are also thought to display aphrodisiac properties.

READ MORE
Sliced garlic, garlic clove, garlic bulb in a wooden bowl placed on a chopping board

Health benefits of garlic include easing the symptoms of common cold, lowering blood pressure, & reducing the risk of heart ailments as well as neurodegenerative disorders.

READ MORE