How to Freeze Broccoli?
There are a few different ways to freeze, but before you worry about them properly for the , you will need to prepare them for the process.
- Begin by the broccoli thoroughly, which can be done before or after chopping up the . As there can be some that nestle into broccoli , it is best to the broccoli before washing.
- Once the broccoli florets are clean, bring a large boil and then drop the broccoli in for 3-5 minutes. of to a
- Remove the broccoli florets quickly from the water and immediately place them in a bowl of water for another 3-5 minutes. This is called blanching, and it will ensure that the broccoli doesn’t become shriveled or bitter while you freeze them.
- At this point, you must quickly dry the broccoli, using either a spinner or a , but time is of the .
- Lay out the dry broccoli on a sheet and place it in the freezer.
- 1-2 hours later, you can pack the broccoli into freezer bags. These broccoli florets should retain their flavor and appearance for 10-12 months.
Frozen Broccoli in Your Daily Diet
Once you want to add that frozen broccoliinto your diet, you can simply or them for 1-2 minutes, which should help them retain a bit of their crunch. You can also frozen broccoli directly into stir- , , and , and the freezing process shouldn’t have any negative effects. Again, it is recommended that you use your frozen broccoli within one year of putting them in the freezer.