disorders can be a cause for concern as they result in extreme pain and affect overall health because your body is no longer able to absorb . Let us see the function of the gallbladder, some common gallbladder conditions, and their causes and symptoms.
What are Gallbladder Disorders?
Gallbladder disorders is a term used to describe a number of different gallbladder issues, including gallstones, cholecystitis, and gallbladder , among others. The gallbladder is a small sac that is located just below the liver, and it stores bile that helps you digest fats. A of this organ usually involves the blockage of bile flow, formation of , or infections.
- Gallstones: These are the most common of all gallbladder disorders. The stones can form because of calcium. , bile, or excess
- Cholecystitis: It is the medical name for inflammation of the gallbladder. Cholecystitis can give rise to additional troubles like gas formation, indigestion, and constipation.
- Choledocholithiasis: This occurs when gallstones plug the neck of the gallbladder or the bile ducts, so bile can’t exit. This causes the gallbladder to become inflamed or distended.
- Acalculous gallbladder disease: A chronic illness or another serious medical condition may trigger the inflammation of the gallbladder.
- Gallbladder polyps: These are growths, usually benign, that may cause pain if they become too large.
- Biliary dyskinesia: Chronic inflammation of the gallbladder causes it to function at a lower rate.
- Sclerosing cholangitis: This is when chronic inflammation and bile duct damage leads to scarring.
- Gallbladder abscess: Those with gallstones can also develop pus.
- Gallbladder cancer: Though relatively rare, the growth of cells in the gallbladder can be non-benign.
- Gangrene of the gallbladder: If there is not enough blood flow to the gallbladder, it can develop necrosis (tissue destruction) or gangrene.
- Porcelain (calcified) gallbladder: This is when the walls of the gallbladder have deposition of calcium causing them to become bluish and brittle.
There can be several reasons for gallbladder disorders including:
- Crash dieting
- Celiac disease (gluten intolerance)
- Lack of exercise
- (due to excess hormones)
- Estrogen intake and birth control pills
- Low stomach acid
- Anabolic steroid intake
The symptoms of gallbladder disorders are: