Gallstones can definitely be a possibility if you have been experiencing severe in the upper region or in the blades on a regular basis. If there is no other apparent cause for the pain, it’s best to get yourself checked.
What are Gallstones?
form in your . The gallbladder is a small pouch-like that is just below the and that stores , a greenish-yellow digestive liquid. Gallstones can vary in size ranging from as tiny as a grain of to as large as a golf ball. While some have just one gallstone, others may have multiple at once.are hardened formations of or that
Here are the top causes of the formation of gallstones:
- Pregnancy: Generally, are prone to developing gallstones because causes an imbalance of , especially , which is one of the prime causes. Also, many women suffer from other like that leads to the of gallstones.
- Cholesterol levels: If an individual regularly consumes an excessive amount of junk food, the cholesterol level of their goes up, which leads to the formation of gallstones.
- Aging and fasting: These are other causes of this problem.
These stones may not always cause, but if they get lodged in a duct and block it, they could lead to the following symptoms:
- Pain: The pain is generally experienced in specific regions of the body like the upper , shoulder blades, and the .
- Digestive distress: The patient might also suffer from several bouts and chronic indigestion.