Gallstones can definitely be a possibility if you have been experiencing severe pain in the upper region or in the blades on a regular basis. If there is no other apparent cause for the pain, it’s best to get yourself checked.
What are Gallstones?
form in your . The gallbladder is a small pouch-like organ that is located just below the liver and that stores bile, a greenish-yellow digestive liquid. Gallstones can vary in size ranging from as tiny as a grain of sand to as large as a golf ball. While some have just one gallstone, others may have multiple stones at once.are hardened formations of fluid or that
Here are the top causes of the formation of gallstones:
- Pregnancy: Generally, women are prone to developing gallstones because causes an imbalance of hormones, especially , which is one of the prime causes. Also, many women suffer from other troubles like obesity that leads to the development of gallstones.
- Cholesterol levels: If an individual regularly consumes an excessive amount of junk food, the cholesterol level of their body goes up, which leads to the formation of gallstones.
- Aging and fasting: These are other causes of this problem.
These stones may not always cause symptoms, but if they get lodged in a duct and block it, they could lead to the following symptoms:
- Pain: The pain is generally experienced in specific regions of the body like the upper , shoulder blades, and the back.
- Digestive distress: The patient might also suffer from several bouts and chronic indigestion.