The benefits and uses of coffee essential oil include reducing free radical damage, improving mood, reducing fever, stimulating appetite, protecting the immune system, aiding health, preventing premature aging, reducing nausea, stimulating relaxation and soothing allergic reactions, among others. There are some side effects to this powerful essential oil, including skin irritation, allergic reactions and certain complications with pregnancy and pre-existing medical conditions. Most of these side effects can be avoided through appropriate use and responsible communication with your doctor.
The coffee essential oil is derived through a cold-pressed distillation process of coffee beans. This potent essential oil smells just like a fresh cup of coffee and is packed with a wide range of sought after plants in the world. The global coffee market is valued at an estimated $100 billion, with $20 billion from exporting alone! With that much coffee available, it is no wonder that coffee essential oil has grown significantly in popularity.and other active ingredients that provide the oil with potential health benefits. Coffee beans come from the coffee plant, taxonomically known as Coffea arabica, and is one of the most common and
The benefits of coffee oil come from its composition of plant sterols, as well as linoleic and oleic acid, among other anti-and antioxidant compounds.
Benefits and Uses of Coffee Essential Oil
Using coffee essential oil is particularly useful for people suffering from anxiety, tense muscles, respiratory conditions, depression, inflammatory conditions, stomach issues, cold, cough, flu, low metabolism, lack of appetite, and allergies.
The feelings of hunger, which is important for people who are recovering from extended illness, surgery, or injury, as well as those suffering from eating disorders or .of this oil alone is enough to impact the limbic system of the body, stimulating
Protects Against Chronic Diseases
The antioxidants found in coffee essential oil can help to reduce oxidative stress in the skin, increasing blood flow to those cells and preventing infections and chronic disease. This oil will also help counter the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, and , while also improving the elasticity of the skin. You can apply a small amount of diluted coffee essential oil, or oil mixed with a carrier oil, to the parts of your skin that you want to shine!
Improves Respiratory Health
Inhaling coffee essential oil can help to soothe inflammation in the respiratory tracts and prevent infections in that part of the body.
One of the best uses of coffee essential oil is for sore muscles and aching joints. Applying a small amount of the oil topically to the affected area can help loosen muscles and increase blood flow to speed healing and relief. This oil is also good for other inflammatory conditions, such as headaches, distress, arthritis, and gout.
Helps Relieve Allergies
Research has shown that the active compounds in coffee essential oil can help to cut down on the body’s allergic response. By helping the body’s immune system react more efficiently, it can also help reduce the strain on your immune system.
Reduces Stress & Anxiety
For reducing stress, improving mood and preventing, many people turn to the relaxing properties of coffee essential oil. Diffusing this rich and warm aroma throughout your home can provide a general feeling of peace and calm.
If you are struggling with gastrointestinal distress, such as constipation, nausea or irritable bowel syndrome, the antioxidants and acids found in coffee essential oil can optimize digestion, eliminate nausea and vomiting, and ensure proper nutrient uptake.
How is Coffee Essential Oil Made?
While most people prefer to simply buy their own coffee essential oil, you can also prepare it at home with coffee beans, olive oil, a crock pot, a mason jar, a strainer, and some ! You can use whole coffee beans for this preparation, or grind the coffee beans to a medium or coarse level, as this could speed the release of the active acids and chemicals in the beans.
Ingredients and Tools
6 ounces of coffee beans (roasted or green)
6 cups of organic extra virgin olive oil
32-ounce mason jar
- Step 1: Add the coffee beans to the crockpot.
- Step 2: Cover the coffee beans with the olive oil.
- Step 3: Stir the mixture once to ensure good coverage and then apply heat (low heat for roasted beans, medium/high heat for un-roasted beans).
- Step 4: Uncover the mixture once per hour to stir the beans. If using un-roasted beans, you may need to check more often to ensure you aren’t burning the beans. Reduce heat once un-roasted beans turn brown in color.
- Step 5: Continue this stirring and checking for 8-10 hours.
- Step 6: Place a cheesecloth over the mason jar and put the strainer on top of the cheesecloth.
- Step 7: Slowly scoop out the beans from the crock pot and filter into the mason jar.
- Step 8: Both the strainer and cheesecloth will catch any . Discard these if they cause blockage.
- Step 9: Pour remaining oil from the crock pot through the cheesecloth.
- Step 10: Seal the mason jar and store in a cool, dark and dry place until you are ready to use it!
Side Effects of Coffee Essential Oil
The side effects of coffee essential oil can include allergic reactions and skin irritation, as well as gastrointestinal distress if consumed, and complications depending on your medications or medical conditions. However, coffee essential oil is generally considered safe by most experts.
- Skin Irritation – Any essential oil can cause skin irritation when applied, so when using it for the first time, put it on a small area of the skin and wait 2-3 hours to determine if there is any negative reaction. If redness, puffiness or itching occur, discontinue use of the oil.
- Allergic Reactions – Some people have allergies to coffee essential oil, particularly if the oil is consumed internally. Under no circumstances should this essential oil be consumed.
- Pregnancy and Children – Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding are generally not recommended to use coffee essential oil, and you should always speak to your doctor before using this oil. Children should also not use this oil, due to its potent constituents.