Piles are commonly known as or hemorrhoidal in terminology. Hemorrhoids are very common in both and .
What are Hemorrhoids or Piles?
Hemorrhoids or excessive or inflammation of vessels in and around the anal canal, which helps in controlling . Under normal conditions, hemorrhoids provide a cushioning effect and also help in the smooth passage of stool. Sometimes, the passing of movements cause the vein walls to become , thin, and irritated resulting in this condition.are caused due to the
Types and Symptoms
Pathological hemorrhoids are of two types: internal and external. Their include:
- Internal hemorrhoids: and
- External hemorrhoids: Anal and inflammation
One may also experience pain during bowel movements and the stool may contain blood.
The main causes of piles include the following:
- Irregular food and bowel habits: Irregular food habits are one of the common reasons for constipation and eventually hemorrhoids or piles. who or push excessively during bowel movements are prone to piles.
- Constipation or diarrhea: depression or anxiety. is another cause of piles in many cases. Constipation can be controlled with changes in diet and the use of . Sometimes one may also experience constipation due to
- Lack of fiber in the diet: Fiber is the bulk of the that can absorb in the and ease the process of movement of undigested waste in the large intestine. Lack of in the diet can affect bowel movements and may cause piles.
- Amount of water in the body: Another important element that helps to ease bowel movement is drinking water – lots of it. The consists of almost 70% water and it is the main ingredient in our waste products as well. A lack of sufficient water in the system will make the waste harder and more difficult for bowel movements to take place.
- Abuse of laxatives: Prescribed laxatives can be used while minerals, and vitamins from the body, formation of , and possible kidney failure. from chronic constipation, but using them regularly over a period of time causes . In some cases, side effects have also been , including damage of muscular function of the large intestine, as well as of water,
- Pregnancy: During are caused due to the of the and changes. Mostly, the piles that are caused due to pregnancy disappear after childbirth. , many women experience piles or hemorrhoids. Piles
- Other causes: , remaining in a sitting posture for long periods of time, and are some of the other causes of piles.