The back back pain and to maintain a good posture. While -lifting and cardio exercises naturally strengthen the back, it may be not an option for people who have a busy schedule. If you are at home and are looking for simple for your back, we have an easy at-home back lined up for you. You can perform all these exercises without any additional equipment, using your body weight. So let’s get straight to it.are one of the major muscle groups of the body, and it is important to keep them strong to avoid
At-Home Back Workout
The top exercises for an at-home back workout include kneeling extensions, the cobra pose, Superman, Aquaman, and bridges. If you are uncomfortable doing it directly on the floor, you can use a blanket or a yoga mat. We suggest you first try one set of each to get the correct form and technique. You can then increase the number of sets, depending on your comfort level. You should not be under any pain or tension while performing these exercises. These exercises are simple, yet effective, as they work on several muscles at once. Let’s look at the exercises in detail.
Kneeling extensions is one of the best and simplest ways to gentlyall your back muscles, as well as your arm and leg muscles.
How to do a kneeling extension?
- Get on all fours and keep your body relaxed.
- Place your hands -width apart directly under your shoulders. Your elbows should be bent slightly.
- Place your knees under your hips, so that your body is parallel to the floor.
- Extend your right arm forward while simultaneously raising your left leg backward.
- Maintain the straight line of the back while raising the limbs.
- Hold for three seconds and then lower back to start.
- Repeat on the other side.
Modification: If you find that you are losing your balance or are in pain while doing this exercise, you can begin by first just raising your arms on opposite sides. After a set of 3, you can move on to raising your legs on opposite sides.
Superman, as the name suggests, involves imitating the superhero as he flies! This exercise helps isolate the core muscles and strengthens them.
How to do a Superman?
- Lie on your and extend your arms forward, with your palms facing the ground.
- Raise your upper body and your legs to form a simple arc.
- Make sure your knees and chest are off the floor, and your head and neck are in a neutral position.
- Come back to the starting position.
Aquaman Back Workout
The Aquaman is a variation of the Superman exercise technique. If you find the Aquaman difficult, practice the Superman sets for a few weeks before attempting it.
How to do an Aquaman?
- To start with, lie down on your stomach and extend your arms forward, palms facing down.
- Lift the right arm and the left leg at the same time, while keeping your head and neck neutral.
- Your knees and chest should be off the floor.
- Immediately, raise your left arm and right leg off the floor.
- Continue at a fast pace. The movements are similar to swimming in water.
- You can start with a set for 30 seconds and pause before beginning the next set.
Research published in the Journal of Physical Therapy Sciences shows that the bridge exercise can significantly increase the strength of the rectus abdominis muscle. The rectus abdominis muscles, commonly known as “abs”, play an important role in maintaining the right posture and helping in the flexion of the lower back.
How to do a bridge?
- Lie on your back.
- Bend your knees so that your heels are in a straight line with your knees.
- Extend your arms at your sides, your palms facing down.
- Raise your hips upwards as much as you comfortably can.
- Hold for 10 seconds and then slowly, come back to starting position.
The cobra pose is a Yoga asana, which helps strengthen the back and the chest muscles. According to anecdotal evidence, the cobra pose is an excellent mood enhancer and may help alleviate mental.
How to do the cobra pose?
- Lie down with your belly on the floor.
- Place your palms at shoulder level.
- Lift your upper body, while tightening your stomach muscles, with your eyes facing upwards.
- Avoid arching your back and straining your neck.
- Hold for 3 seconds and come back to the starting position.
Word of Caution: Before starting the at-home back workout exercises, it is best to talk to your doctor, especially if you have a health condition or if you are. People with back pain should seek advice from their before attempting these exercises. If you feel pain during the exercises, stop immediately and check with your doctor before resuming the schedule.