What is a Hot Stone Massage?
A hot stone massage is a form of massage therapy in which a trained dates of years and can be an excellent way to up the muscles so that the massage technique can be more penetrative to or muscles. Traditionally, the stones used in such a massage technique are black volcanic (basalt) that range from small to large and tend to be naturally smoothed by the movements of the river or . You can typically find hot stone as another option at a spa, but given the delicate and specialized of this massage, it is important to find a professional massage therapist who has been trained in this style.uses to massage your , including placing stones on key points of the and for best results. This technique of using heated stones
Hot Stone Massage Technique
The hot stone massage technique involves the following:
- Step 1: During a hot stone massage, your massage therapist will typically submerge and the stones in water, ranging from 110-150 degrees .
- Step 2: To begin the massage, you will be on your and a traditional Swedish massage will be given for a brief period, perhaps 5-10 minutes.
- Step 3: Following this, the therapist will remove the heated stones from the water and begin skin, using larger stones for larger muscle groups, and smaller stones for more intricate areas of the back and body. them into your
- Step 4: As the stones cool, the therapist may either set the stones aside or place them in precise places on your spine, back, , , or toes to encourage and greater within the body.
- Step 5: This may be the end for some hot stone massages, while others will involve the slow removal of the stones, accompanied by a more traditional massage on the loosened and relaxed muscles.
Hot Stone Massage Benefits
There are quite a few benefits of hot stone massage, including the following:
- Relief from muscle tension
- Relief from stress and anxiety
- Lower risk of cancer
- Better sleep
- Boosted circulation
- Better mental
Let us discuss them in detail below.
By increasing circulation and oxygenation of muscles, this massage technique will allow your muscles to relax, relieving the tension that has built up and lessening the of injury.
Stress and Anxiety
Manystruggle to find restful because of tension and discomfort; a massage can leave your muscles relaxed and your mind clear, leading to and your sleep at night.
By decreasing the which is a and water retention regulating hormone in the body, this massage also helps in improving the system health.-vasopressin levels,
The heat from the stones causes your heart rate to rising and your blood vessels to dilate, thereby promoting the blood flow. This also means better oxygenation to your various systems and more being delivered to those parts of the body that need them most.
Massage can be very soothing for the mental health of a person as it helps in reducing stress. It also helps in treating anxiety, depression, and induces a feeling of relaxation, both in the mind and the body.
Hot Stone Massage Side Effects
Hot stone massage can have a few side effects, these include:
- Skin discomfort: Pressure and temperature burn the , so be sure to with your massage therapist. are different for every person, so there may be an adjustment period to the massage, and it can be uncomfortable. Hot stones can also
- Other: Due to the effects of this massage, some people are warned not to undergo it, such as those with diabetes, blood clots, internal , , and certain conditions. ,