What is Hyperlipidemia?
As the name implies, condition in which the lipids and in the body are at unusually high levels, which can cause a wide range of related health complications, most commonly with the system.is a
There are two main types of hyperlipidemia:
- Behavioral (typically occurring in conjunction with diabetes)
Any of the following causes can all lead to hyperlipidemia:
It is important to note that high blood lipid levels alone may not always show any specific symptoms. Others may show some of the following symptoms of hyperlipidemia:
- Pancreatitis (a painful of the )
- Atherosclerosis (hardening of the )
- on the walls of the arteries and blood vessels
- Pain during walking and gangrene
In genetic or inherited hyperlipidemia, there may be yellow-colored fatty growths around the eyes or the joints.