constipation is a time when cry a lot and as parents, you should notice the , which are not ‘crocodile tears’. And remember as babies, they can only express their emotions in limited ways, namely and making . The most common which affects not only babies but also their parents; going to the bathroom!
What is Infant Constipation?
Infant constipation is a serious problem and happens when your baby has hard, unmoving that is difficult to pass. Also, less frequent or irregular movements means that your infant is . There are a number of things that can bring it on; also at certain times in infancy and early , is common.
Normal bowel movements in typically have more consistent bowel movements than -fed babies. As they age, the rate of BM (bowel movements) will drop to 2-3 per day, and then again around two years of age, reducing to 1-2 per day.occur 4-5 times per day in the period directly after birth, and these should be soft , which easily pass through the system.
It is important to recognize the babies often resist passing hard or painful stools, which only exacerbates the problem. You need to understand what might be going wrong, and then actively to fix it. First, let’s look at the causes and traditional examples of infant/childhood constipation.because
There are a number of causes of infant constipation, and knowing which cause that is can help youthe symptoms and prevent a similar condition from occurring again in the future.
- Changes in diet: As infants, our switch from breastfeeding to formula or processed foods. This change can be disruptive to your child’s system and cause it to become constipated. systems are warming up and getting used to the normal functions and that we will continue for the rest of our lives. The digestive system is one of these, so drastic changes, like a
- Dehydration: This form of constipation is often due to decreased that the infant is taking in (particularly after you stop breastfeeding them), and without fluid to make the stool soft and easy to pass through the digestive tract, it can harden and become more and more painful to the child.
- Nutritional intake: Just like in fiber to add bulk to the stool in order for it to pass through their digestive tract. , a baby’s diet can have a huge impact on constipation. Infants need
- Emotional stress: Again, babies are not so different from adults. When we are manifest as constipation. Infants that are going through a rough “stage” or a negative patch of can often stress themselves out into not creating passable bowel movements and cause themselves to become constipated. or , it can often
It is important that you approach aif any of the following symptoms of infant constipation take place:
- Pain while relieving a stool
- Spitting up
- of the stomach
- Weakness of
- Stools are ‘blocked’
- Pellet-like stools
- No improvement with a change in diet
Although there are many ways to cure constipation in adults, there are limited options for infants. It is very important to be observant of your child’s diet and behavior to determine the cause of constipation.