The use of maca root has been practiced for more than 2,000 years, and it holds many impressive benefits, especially for men!
Maca root is a tuber that is native to Peru and nearby regions and has been an important cultural, medicinal, and nutritional substances for more than two millennia. In the past century, maca root powder has grown in popularity as a health supplement, given its numerous proven effects. While women can also benefit from using this natural powder, it is primarily associated with male fertility and reproductive health.
Although there is still some debate about the efficacy of maca root related to the many claims about its effects, anecdotal evidence is widespread. It remains a very popular herbal supplement that can safely be used by men to improve their virility and energy. Before using this supplement, particularly if you are taking other medications to improve sexual performance, be sure to speak with your doctor.
Maca Root Benefits for Men
There are many benefits of maca root for men, including its ability to increase testosterone levels, boost energy and stamina, and even stimulate cognitive performance.
- Increases male libido
- Treats erectile dysfunction
- Stimulates male fertility
- Increases testosterone levels
- Improves prostate health
- Boosts natural muscle growth
- Increases energy or stamina during sexual activity
- Relieves symptoms of depressions
- Regulates hormonal levels in men
- Increases bone strength and mineral density
- Enhances brain health and protects against neurodegenerative disease
Maca Root Dosage for Men
If you are going to use maca, the type of maca you choose, and the dosage will depend on your health and wellness goals.
- The typical range begins at 1500 milligrams per day or one teaspoon of the powder.
- However, in some cultures, up to 3 grams are taken every day to maintain sexual virility and energy.
- The average recommendation for avoiding erectile dysfunction is about 2500 milligrams taken at night.
- Over the course of 6-8 weeks, regular use of maca should begin to show noticeable results.
Again, before adding maca to your daily health regimen, be sure to speak with a doctor.