Learning how to make lavender oil is a good idea if you can’t get enough of the wonderful or its many medicinal benefits.
essential oil extracted from the of the , scientifically known as Lavandula angustifolia. This oil has been used in various cultures dating back more than 5,000 years, primarily for its soothing, anti- and stress-relieving properties. You only need a small amount of this oil to be effective, and when using internally, it should always be diluted in . However, this oil is also used topically to soothe skin irritation, relieve headaches and ease tension in the . Due to its versatile uses, this essential oil has become one of the most common oils in use today!is the
How to Make Lavender Oil?
If you learn how to make lavender oil, you can save quite a bit of money and can be secure in knowing precisely what is included in your oil. Let’s take a look at how to make lavender oil at home.
How to Make Lavender Oil
- fresh lavender sprigs
- almond oil/olive oil/ safflower oil as per your preference
- 1 Vitamin E capsule (optional)
- To make lavender oil, begin by cutting fresh lavender sprigs, as you can use fresh stems, leaves, and flowers in your oil infusion.
- Hang the lavender sprigs upside down and allow them to dry for 1-2 weeks.
- Once the lavender is dry, crush the plant parts and add it to a glass jar.
- Pour a plant oil, such as safflower oil or olive oil into the jar, leaving 1-2 inches at the top.
- Set the jar in a sunny spot, making sure it is tightly sealed.
- Leave the jar to sit and soak for 3-4 weeks.
- You can add Vitamin E at the end of the infusion to increase the shelf life of the oil. This step is recommended if you don't have a cool, dark place to store the oil.
- Strain the plant parts from the oil.
- Store the lavender essential oil in a dark bottle, and keep it away from direct sunlight and sources of heat.
Lavender Oil Spray
You can also make your ownspray, which can be used as a room and linen freshener.
How To Make Lavender Oil Spray
- 9-10 drops lavendar essential oil
- 1 ounce witch hazel/ vodka
- 3 ounces clean, distilled water
- To make your own bottle of lavender essential oil spray, take a small glass bottle with a secure lid.
- Pour 1 ounce of witch hazel or vodka into the jar.
- Put 9-10 drops of lavender essential oil into the alcohol. Place the lid and shake well.
- After 30 seconds, add 3 ounces of clean, filtered water.
- Replace the lid and shake the bottle again to blend it well.
- Use a funnel to pour the liquid blend into a clean spray bottle. Close the spray bottle lid. Your DIY lavender oil spray is ready for use!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning click here and fill in the details to get started. with us? Please