Malbec is a dark red or violet wine, that is favorite around the world. But did you know that it may actually be good for you as well?
What is Malbec Wine?
Malbec is an intense red wine made from the malbec variety of grapes, which was, until recently, used as a blend with other wines. Most commonly presumed a South American wine, it is now produced in other areas of the world as well. However, modern wine drinkers have come to appreciate its flavors and easy drinkability, along with the lower price tag. It is full-bodied and typically dry, but with heavy berry notes, and should be served just a few degrees below room temperature.
A 5 oz pour of this red wine has roughly 122 number of health benefits.and 4 grams of carbs, along with a wide variety of and active ingredients that provide a
- Malbec grapes have a particularly thick skin, which means they have a large amount of resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant that plants produce to fight off stress.
- helps regenerate damaged cells and prevents as well as other problems.
- This wine generally has more antioxidants than other red wines. More specifically, it has twice as many as cabernet and four times as many as a Merlot.
- New studies show that resveratrol found in Malbec wine may actually slow down the progression of ’s and dementia.
- Regular red wine consumption might help in reducing the risk of cancer. However, further studies are required to establish this connection.
Malbec vs. Merlot vs. Cabernet
- Malbec grapes are small and ripen early. They are sharp and tangy.
- Merlot grapes also mature early and have higher sugar and content. Merlot is full-bodied and smooth.
- Cabernet grapes mature much later. Cabernet wine is also aged longer, making it more mellow and easier to drink.