The use ofpulling is a -old practice that continues to deliver benefits to millions of around the .
What is Oil Pulling?
Oil pulling is the process of swishing certain India of years ago, and there are a number of different oils that are commonly used for this practice. Many people wonder whether oil pulling is safe since there are so many (albeit, some healthy ones) in many oils, but experts agree that there is no harm in trying this practice. Oil pulling is known to the and out of your mouth, however, so swallowing this oil after you’re done oil pulling should be strictly avoided.in the for an extended period of time, in an effort to improve overall oral health in various ways. Oil pulling began in
Some people choose to use oil pulling every day, as a more time-coconut oil and sesame oil. The former is better for whitening of the , while the latter is known for its -busting and bacteria-eliminating properties. While it does take more time than any other mouthwash routines, the evidence for this remedy is well known and trusted around the world.alternative to , but other people will do this once a week, or even once a month. There are quite a few oils that can be used for this practice, but the most popular are
How to Do Oil Pulling?
The process of oil pulling is actually quite simple and is basically the same as using regular mouthwash, except for it taking a longer amount of time.
- Place 2 teaspoons of into your mouth – do not .
- Swish the oil for 15-20 minutes, being careful not to let any oil run down your .
- The consistency will thicken over time as the oil with and other compounds from your mouth.
- the oil directly into the garbage can, as you don’t want to flush oil down your sink.
- Rinse out your mouth with warm salt water to eliminate the oily taste. , or even swishing with warm
- Finally, it is wise to your teeth following this to clear off any excess bacteria.
Oil Pulling Benefits
The most common reason for using oil pulling is to whiten the teeth. With and properties, it can help to cut through the layer of plaque and gunk on your teeth, eliminating those bacteria and unwanted toxins, leaving behind a bright and shining smile.
Although research on other benefits of oil pulling is somewhat lacking, there is plenty of anecdotal reports that this practice can also provide an energetic boost in the morning, perhaps because some of these healthy fats fromand sesame oil are absorbed by the of the mouth.
Another great reason for trying out this daily practice is eliminating reduce inflammation and prevent headaches before they start.; many people report that daily or weekly oil pulling sessions can help to
While the oil is primarily kept in your mouth, some of this oil will enter your function and boost the health of the ., where it can help to improve
Research has found that oil pulling can have an effect on levels, which is good news for those who want to their , or who suffer from hormonal conditions, such as .
The that are found in things like sesame oil and are well known for their effects on the appearance of the . By using oil pulling, some of these beneficial fats will be able to affect the skin of the and body, helping to eliminate , reduce the signs of , and improve elasticity.
Oil Pulling Side Effects
Despite the diverse health benefits of this practice, there are some potential side effects of which you should be aware, such as dryness of the mouth and a higherof cavities, in some cases.
- Mouth Dryness: The oil can cause in your mouth, and it may take some time for a normal balance to return, resulting in mouth dryness. and are also common complaints of those who swish with too much oil.
- Cavities: There is some evidence that using oil pulling can increase your risk of cavities, particularly if you don’t completely rinse out your mouth.
- Pneumonia: If you allow some of the oil to get into your , it is possible to contract , which is quite a dangerous condition that will require attention.