Salads are one of the most guilt-free kitchen creations. Anything labeled as a salad rarely gets tagged as unhealthy and in most cases, aptly so. We are not looking for a bowl of greens sprinkled with some color to call a salad. What makes some of the best salads is their flavor and how it brings out the best in the ingredients. Our avocado shrimp salad is one such bowl of healthy and flavorful elements that go really well together. The creamy avocados go well with the buttery-sweet shrimps, all of it brought together with zingy lime and honey dressing. This quick recipe is keto and paleo-friendly, and might we add, your new summer favorite.
How to Make Avocado Shrimp Salad?
Start by choosing a fresh, ripe avocado. The creaminess of your avocado defines the texture of this dish. For the shrimp, we would recommend you pick a fresh batch so that you won’t have to deal with a fishy smell or taste.
While we are fans of shrimp and avocado, what makes this recipe all the more summery is the zingy lime-honey dressing. It is simple enough to be made in a few minutes with just a few ingredients and adds quite a refreshing twist to the salad.
Avocado Shrimp Salad
- 500 gm shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 ripe avocados cut in pieces
- 1 romaine lettuce
- olive oil virgin
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- chili flakes
- 2 tomato diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a glass bowl, marinade your shrimps with salt, pepper, half a tablespoon of cajun seasoning, and one and a half tablespoon of lime juice. Cover with a cling wrap and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, in a glass jar with an airtight lid, pour a tablespoon of olive oil, a tablespoon of honey, half a tablespoon of cajun seasoning, one and a half tablespoon of lime juice, salt, and pepper. Close the lid tight and give it a good shake. Let it rest until we assemble the rest of the salad.
- Once the shrimp has marinated for about 20 minutes, heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Sear the shrimp till they develop a pink-orange opaque color and have cooked through. Take them off the heat and let it rest.
- To assemble the avocado shrimp salad, start with the romaine lettuce. In a large bowl, add the chopped lettuce and separate the leaves, if necessary.
- Next, add the tomatoes, onion, avocado, and seared shrimp to this. Give it a quick toss.
- Shake the glass jar with the dressing if the components have separated. You can also whisk this dressing in a bowl, but this trick makes it easier to store if you want to save it.
Add the honey-lime dressing to the salad bowl along with the chopped cilantro and chili flakes. Toss it well and serve.
We love an easy salad recipe that packs flavor and health together. Do you have any such salads that nobody dares call ‘boring’? Let us know about it through our recipe submissions page. Also, if you try this avocado shrimp salad, let us know how you liked it, in the comments below.