Basil pesto is a great pantry staple. You can toss it in pasta, use it as a spread on sandwiches or bruschetta, or use it as a dip with crackers. This is the recipe for a simple basil pesto sauce. Make it fresh and store it for months. An important thing to consider is that pesto easily takes on the taste of the ingredients used, so you can easily adjust the ingredients as per your taste.
Classic Basil Pesto Recipe
- 2 cups basil leaves (fresh)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 4-5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- In a food processor, mix basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, and cheese.
- Blend the ingredients well. You will need to scrape down the sides in between a few times.
- With the processor on low, slowly pour in the olive oil until you get a smooth consistency.
- Then add some salt and pepper as per taste and mix it well.
- Adjust seasoning and store it in air-tight jars. Use it as a dip to go well with your chips, or as a base for your pasta and you're sorted!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.