Listen to this article
If you want to experience the relaxing ability ofat the pleasure of your own home, then here is a simple marijuana oil recipe to start with.
The general consensus on a good ratio for a potent cannabis oil is 1/4 ounce of marijuana to 1/4 cup of coconut oil. Depending on how much of the cannabis coconut oil you plan to make, you can easily scale up from there. Those are not always the only two ingredients though, as many also call for soy lecithin or other ingredients. As mentioned, you should always follow a recipe when preparing your own , to ensure that you don’t make anything too strong.
It is important to check your country’s guidelines and laws before using this oil, as many countries ban the use of cannabis. Having said that, let’s take a look at the recipe!
- 1 cup coconut oil (or any other, as desired)
- 1 cup cannabis flower
- First, grind the fresh buds down to a level where surface area is maximized, but not so small that the grounds could pass through a strainer.
- Add water and the oil to the crockpot, allowing the oil to float on top.
- Heat the coconut oil until it is melted, and then add the ground cannabis, stirring it thoroughly in the oil, ensuring the buds are completely coated with the oil.
- Once the temperature of this mixture reaches 250 degrees Fahrenheit, keep the temperature there and continue stirring, allowing the entire decoction to simmer.
- For the next 12-18 hours, check the crockpot every hour for the water level, making sure it doesn't all boil off, which would cause the cannabis and the coconut oil to burn.
- Turn off the crockpot and let the mixture cool, but not enough so that the oil completely hardens up.
- Put a cheesecloth in the strainer and then dump the mixture slowly through it into a large bowl below.
- Press down on the cannabis to remove as much oil as possible.
- Put the bowl in the fridge for 8-10 hours.
- In the morning, the oil will have separated from the water, and it can be removed from the top and stored for use!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.