This deli-style cranberry chicken salad is one of the best things you can have on a crisp fall day. It’s simple and delicious, with a creamy old-fashioned mayonnaise dressing. You can have it as a main course or make a to-die-for sandwich with dinner rolls or buttery croissants.
Simple Cranberry Chicken Salad
Chicken and cranberries may possibly be the best combination after turkey and cranberries! Feel free to add a bit of celery to the salad if you want to. However, this recipe is not complicated and uses clean, crisp flavors of the apple, lemon, and nuts to hit the right spot. If you get lucky with a good batch of apples in the fall, go ahead and make this salad with leftover roast chicken. For a kid-friendly version, skip the nuts and throw in some macaroni and mix well.
Cranberry Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken breast
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup cubed apple Red Delicious or Granny Smith
- 1/4 cup nuts coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, cubed apple, dried cranberries, and nuts of your choice.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix till it becomes a creamy dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken and then toss well to coat the salad.
- While you can have it right away, the flavors blend well when the salad is refrigerated for a couple of hours. Enjoy this classic fall salad!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.