The cranberry jello salad merges cranberry sauce with raspberry gelatin and orange or pineapple zest to become the perfect fun, delicious and festive dessert for the holiday season. It is one of the easiest desserts to make. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started.
How to make Cranberry Jello Salad?
The cranberry jello salad usually has three fruit flavors – cranberry, pineapple, and raspberry. While you use raspberry jelly as the base, cranberries are used to make the sauce, and fresh pineapple pieces are added to it, to give birth to a sweet, tangy and tart-sweet dish. You can make it a day or two in advance and store it in the refrigerator. This will then give you ample time to divert your attention towards making the other important festive dishes such as roast turkey, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and broccoli casserole, to name a few.
Sweet and Tart Cranberry Jello Salad
- 6 ounces raspberry jello
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 envelopes plain gelatin
- 28 ounces crushed or sliced pineapples
- 28 ounces whole cranberry sauce
- To make cranberry jello salad, heat the water in a microwave or over a gas stove till it starts to boil.
- In the boiling water, mix the jello well and allow it to dissolve.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl of cold water, empty two envelopes of plain gelatin and whisk it properly.
- Thereafter, mix the plain gelatin to the raspberry jello and keep whisking the mixture.
- Once that is done, add cranberry sauce (which can be the canned version or freshly prepared) and the sliced/crushed pineapples and mix well. Use a whisk to ensure the cranberry sauce is properly broken up. (Refer to our cranberry sauce recipe, should you wish to make it fresh.) Continue to whisk till it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and chill/refrigerate it for 4 hours or more. Once done, serve it with whipped cream, and in some cases pecan or dry fruits. Enjoy!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.  
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.