Cranberry juice is a tart-tasting beverage made from . The has several health benefits including the ability to treat tract , remove stones, prevent cancer, and help in weight loss. Most packaged versions have a high amount of sugar in it. It is easy to make at home and this way, you can control the in it. Some people also prefer to add apple to make cran- to reduce the bitter taste of the juice.
How to Make Fresh Cranberry Juice
- 1 lb cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 quart water
- 2-3 tbspn sugar/brown sugar (optional)
- 1 cup apple chunks (optional)
- Wash and drain fresh or frozen cranberries.
- Put the cranberries and water in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Once the water comes to a boil, allow the cranberries to simmer. You will notice that soon, the cranberries will start to burst open.
- Turn off the heat and let the berries steep for 10-15 minutes.
- At this point, you can add sugar or any sweetener of your choice to the cranberry mixture. Remember that cranberry juice is usually bitter, so you may need to add sugar. You can also add apple chunks and spices of your choice such as cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Add the mixture in batches in a blender. Blend till you get a thick, viscous liquid.
- Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer to collect cranberry skin pieces.
- Your home-made cranberry juice is ready. All you have to do is add a couple of ice cubes and enjoy!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning click here and fill in the details to get started. with us? Please