If you are looking for a perfect Christmas morning breakfast recipe, here is a simple and delicious cranberry orange bread recipe. Enjoy a laid-back holiday breakfast with this freshly baked cranberry nut bread, served toasted with butter or cream cheese. The best thing about this moist cranberry bread is that the home smells like Christmas when it is baking in the oven.
Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe
This cranberry orange bread recipe can be doubled or made into mini loaves. They make for perfect Christmas gifts too. Put in your favorite nuts – almonds, pecans, and walnuts work best. You can also try adding pumpkin seeds instead of nuts. If you like your bread studded with cranberries, go ahead and double the amount of cranberries you use in it. Just make sure to add a little more sugar so that you may get the right mix of sweet and tart.
Cranberry Orange Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in the eggs, shortening, cranberries, nuts, orange juice, and grated orange peel and mix well.
- Spread evenly in the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the loaf pan cool completely on a wire rack for 10 minutes. You can then remove the cranberry orange bread from the pan and cool it before serving. Enjoy!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.