It is quite a challenge to decide what to cook for the holiday season, especially if it’s a potluck. The planning can be cumbersome and can take away a lot of your time. The ideal choice for any occasion like that would be to make something tasty that doesn’t take too much of your time. After all, a good recipe doesn’t always have to be elaborate and complicated, right? We have the perfect recipe for you if you are on the same page as us – Cranberry . salad does not only work great as a separate dish but is also the perfect side dish for a dinner. Have you tried your at making it? No? Well, let’s get started.
How to Make Cranberry Salad?
Cranberry salad is a mouthwatering mixture of all your favorite pecans, apples, pineapple, and the like. You can also add if you want, or small pieces and nuts of your choice to give it a crunchy taste. Moreover, you can add proteins like ham, chops, or chicken to it. It is literally something you can prepare in all of just 15 minutes. Let’s take a look at the step-by-step process of making this delicious salad.– cranberries (of course),
The Perfect Cranberry Salad Recipe for the Holiday Season
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt/ sour cream
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (or )
- 1 1/2 cup cranberry sauce (You can either use fresh cranberries or make cranberry sauce)
Cranberry Sauce (optional)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- To make the classic cranberry salad, combine pecans, pineapples, fresh cranberries, marshmallows, grated coconut or any other fruit of your choice (apart from the ones mentioned above) in a bowl.
- In the meantime, if you want to make cranberry sauce to add to the salad, add cranberries, sugar, water and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Boil it over reduced heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Thereafter, let it cool completely. You will notice that the sauce will begin to thicken as it cools.
- Then combine the sauce with the fruit mixture, and add 2 cups of Greek yogurt or sour cream to it. Garnish with additional cranberries, pineapples, and marshmallows if desired, and let it sit for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight in the fridge. Next day, you will have your delicious cranberry salad ready to be served.
- Note that if you don't want to prepare cranberry sauce you can just soak the fresh cranberries in sugar water for some time and add them to the mixture of yogurt and fruits. If you have leftover salad, you can always use it as a filling in your sandwich.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning click here and fill in the details to get started.with us? Please