This is a delicious and easy homemade cranberry sauce recipe, which can easily be doubled for Thanksgiving and Christmas get-together. It usually has even the non-cranberry sauce lovers raving about it!
Cranberry Sauce Recipe
It is a versatile cranberry sauce recipe and very forgiving too. You can replace the orange juice with lemon juice or even water. For a more festive feel, you can Port to it. If you like a sweeter cranberry sauce, you can more sugar or a little bit of honey too. Lemon zest works well too if you don’t have orange zest on hand. Make it your own by adding things you love! Remember to let the cranberry sauce sit a while so that the flavors blend and it hits the right notes of sweet and tart.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Add the sugar, orange zest, orange juice, and salt into the saucepan and cook over low heat till the sugar completely dissolves.
- In about 10 minutes, you will notice that the cranberries have softened.
- Increase the heat to a medium simmer and cook till the cranberries burst, another 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in the reserved cranberries and let it cool to room temperature. Your cranberry sauce is ready to be served!
- You can use leftover cranberry sauce to make sandwiches or even drizzle it on waffles for a perfect post-Thanksgiving breakfast!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.