This The Season to Be Jolly, Fa la la la la la la la! With New Year around the corner, isn’t everybody in the mood to dance and celebrate? From savory dishes to desserts, December makes sure we pamper ourselves to the fullest with holidays and gifts coming our way. When it comes to food, well, frosted chocolate brownies remain one of the most popular desserts, with no chance of being at the bottom of the list anytime soon.
A little birdie told me about the creation of brownies. The story goes like this – When Bertha Palmer, a prominent Chicago socialite, requested a dessert suitable for the esteemed women attending the World’s Columbian Exposition, she wanted a cake-like confection smaller than a slice of cake. Something that could be packed in boxed lunches. The result was the Palmer House Chocolate Brownies with walnuts and an apricot glaze. Sounds yummy, doesn’t it?
How to Make Chocolate Brownies?
Achieving the perfect brownie is no easy feat. It takes a lot of patience and eye to detail to make these choco fudge brownies baked to perfection. With the right amount of ingredients and the correct use of appliances, your chocolate brownies will surely impress all your folks effortlessly. Let us find out how!
Chocolate Frosted Brownies
For the Brownies
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Frosting
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp butter at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3-5 tbsp milk or cream
- 1/8 tsp salt
For the Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees F (180 degrees C). Place a foil in the 8-inch square pan. Lightly grease the corners, set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the chocolate and butter for the brownies. Microwave for 1 minute at 50 percent power and stir once in between, until the chocolate and butter melt. Whisk the granulated and brown sugars along with eggs and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, add baking powder, flour, chocolate chips, and salt. Gently mix all the ingredients into the chocolate mixture with a spatula until evenly combined.
- Pour the batter in the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Make sure a thin-pointed knife or toothpick inserted comes out clean or with few crumbs. Remove the brownies from the oven and allow it to cool down completely.
For the Frosting
- You can use an electric mixer to blend cocoa powder, butter, and salt on medium speed for about 2-3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula and add powdered sugar. Mix on low speed to form a thick frosting.
- Add milk and vanilla extract, starting with a few tablespoons and adding more on the basis of the consistency. Increase the mixer speed to medium-high, beating until smooth and fluffy.
- Now, spread the frosting on the brownies. You can serve the brownies in a bowl with vanilla ice-cream or your preferred choice of sprinkles.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.