Potato salad is one of those bowls which even ‘team no-salad’ wouldn’t mind having on their plate. Well, who can blame them! There are as many reasons to not pass on this hearty bowl of salad as are its variations. But where do you start? Let’s find out!
How To Make Potato Salad?
The various versions of potato salad originate from various regions in Europe. Out of these, the strongest claim is made by Germany. Here, it was a potato dish with vinegar and spices with onions and bacon. It was also served warm. This was brought to America by the 19th century, and the vinegar was quickly replaced by mayonnaise. Several additions and alterations were made in small and big proportions in various regions, to bring us the dish we today know to be the American potato salad.
- 1 pound potatoes waxy
- 1 cup mayonnaise 
- 1 cup mustard
- 2 eggs hard-boiled
- 2 onions medium
- 1 cup celery stalks diced
- 1 tsp dill chopped
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Scrub clean and boil the potatoes till they can be easily pierced with a fork or knife. Allow them to cool. Peel them and dice medium-sized pieces.
- Chop the hard-boiled eggs.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Add eggs, chopped onions, and diced celery stalks.
- Give it a quick toss. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar. You can add more or less of these as per your taste preference. Another optional addition would be pickle relish.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. You can also choose to add seasoning of preference or paprika.
- Mix the salad well.
- Refrigerate for two hours at least. It is best to leave it there overnight, so prepare the previous night, or in the morning if you want it for dinner.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.  
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.