Honey chili chicken is usually either served as a side dish or best relished as a a starter during potluck dinners and family gatherings. It is fairly easy to make it at home, if you follow the recipe given below to the tee. All you need to do is deep fry the chicken pieces in flour and coat it with deliciously sweet and spicy honey chili sauce. Let us look at the recipe in detail.
How to make Honey chili chicken?
Matched with the fiery and rich hotness of chili and balanced with the acidity of soy sauce, this recipe of honey chili chicken is all you need to titillate your tastebuds. You can use the mix of sauces such as soy sauce, chili sauce and honey to make the sauce, which is pretty much the highlight of this recipe. Dip the fried chicken pieces in this sauce and voila! you have the delicious honey chili chicken ready to be served! Follow the step-by-step recipe given below.
Sweet and Spicy Honey Chili Chicken Recipe
- 500 gram boneless chicken
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour 
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 egg
- salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- oil as per your requirement
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 chopped red chilis
- 1 tbsp spring onions only white
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- water as per your requirement
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice 
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp spring onions only green
- To make honey chili chicken, mix chicken strips with all purpose flour, cornflour, egg, salt, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and red chili flakes. Once done, marinate it for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the marinated chicken strips until it turns golden brown. Once done, keep them aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan and saute garlic, red chilies and spring onions (only white) for a while.
- Add soy sauce, chili sauce, tomato ketchup, water and cook for a minute. Then add honey and stir until the mixture becomes thick.
- Thereafter, add salt, lemon juice and then the fried chicken and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onions (only green) and serve honey chili chicken hot.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.  
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.