Sometimes a simple, elegant and delectable vanilla cheesecake is all you need to brighten up a dull day. A lot goes into making the perfect vanilla cheesecake, especially if it is a raw, no-bake, and paleo-friendly version of the same. For the uninitiated, the raw version of the dessert doesn’t contain cheese or any other dairy products and egg, which are the basic ingredients to make a regular cheesecake. The process of preparing this variant from scratch can be quite intimidating. Cracks, leaky pans, and fallen centers are things that can make your paleo cheesecake go askew. But worry not as we have the perfect recipe for you. Read on.
How to make a Paleo-friendly Vanilla Cheesecake?
Cheesecakes are usually a rich combination of dairy and sugar and are an instant ‘no’ for those who are on a diet. However, just because you’re on a paleo diet that doesn’t mean you can’t make a dairy-free and sugar-free version of this decadent treat. Our raw vanilla cheesecake recipe will not only satiate your tastebuds but will also help you make a healthy choice. So let’s get started.
The Best Paleo-friendly Vanilla Cheesecake Recipe
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or else raw honey (if not making the vegan version)
- 3 cups cashews soaked for one hour
For the Cheesecake Crust
- 1/3 cup pitted mejdool (or)
- 1/2 cup dates (or)
- 1/2 cup raisins 
- A pinch Himalayan pink rock salt
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa
- 1-3 tbsp warm water
- 1 cup raw almonds
- To make a paleo-friendly vanilla cheesecake, you begin the process by making the crust. For that, take 1 cup of almonds and pulse them in a food processor until you get a fine grind.
- Once that's done, add in the dates or raisins, 2 tablespoon of raw cocoa, and a pinch of Himalayan pink salt. Continue to mix the ingredients and occasionally keep checking the mixture to see if it sticks to your fingers. If you feel the texture is too dry, keep adding a teaspoon of water and continue to mix it until you get the consistency you want. Once the ingredients perfectly stick together, you'll know you're done.
- Now take a round springform pan and line it with parchment paper at the bottom. Once done, evenly spread the mixture on it and tightly press it. Make the base as per your preference. Set aside the crust once it's made.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, soak the cashew nuts for one hour or overnight in the refrigerator and strain well. Thereafter, in a clean food processor, add ingredients like cashews, hot coconut oil, agave nectar/raw honey, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and water. Blend these ingredients for about 5 minutes until you get a smooth mixture.
- Once done, pour the mixture over the crust. Tap the pan gently to let it settle. Keep the cake straight into the freezer for an hour or two, and then in the refrigerator for more two hours until it's served.
- Once it properly settles garnish it with fresh fruits like berries and kiwis to enhance its taste further. Enjoy the delectable and healthy dessert with friends and family!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.  
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.