Maybe you have decided to ditch the classic potatoes for some sweet potatoes mash. But here’s something you can’t not have on your Thanksgiving table – a pie, especially a pumpkin pie! And yes, you can have your pick of which pie goes best with your menu, because pies are what the world a better place.for thanksgiving this year, or maybe you are swapping the mashed
But if you have your heart set on the classic pie, we got you covered. This humble yet decadent pie is all set to be the star of your thanksgiving and then the entire pumpkin season, or all year round if you like.
How to Bake a Pumpkin Pie?
Pumpkin pies are deliciously simple and yet there’s so much that could go wrong. An underbaked crust, a runny, and some stuff of a pie fan’s nightmares. But here’s a recipe to take care of all that. May your pie be exactly the way you like! Go ahead, bake away!
- 1 pie dough crust
- 2 cans canned pumpkin
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 2 eggs whole
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp clove powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Take the refrigerated pie crust and spread it carefully onto the pie mold. To give it the 'homemade' touch, tuck the spillover dough inside and flute the edges.
- Once set as desired, cover the sheet with parchment paper and pie weights. Place it in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes, or lesser if you desire a more chewy consistency.
- Once done, remove the weights and the paper and set aside to cool. While the crust is cooling, prepare the pumpkin filling for the pie.
- Add the canned pumpkin, brown sugar, and eggs to a bowl and start mixing them together.
- To this mixture, add the rest of the ingredients and bring them together by mixing.
- Pour this into the pie crust and spread it evenly.
- Preheat oven to 325° F and set the pie in the middle of the oven for about 40-50 minutes.
- To check the doneness of the pie, make sure it is a bit jelly-like at the center when you are taking it out.
- Let it cool. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning click here and fill in the details to get started.with us? Please