Pancakes are definitely among the top favorite foods of people all around the world, but they aren’t always a healthy choice. That’s why we decided to create a morning alternative recipe that will be both healthy and delicious. If you are a fan of pancakes but also follow a strict diet, then these are the right pancakes for you. A portion of vegan protein pancakes enriches your body with protein for your muscles, nuts, and seeds that have anti-inflammatory properties among others and berries that boost your energy with their anti-oxidants. We’re sure you’ll savor every bite of this self-nourishing food!
Vegan Protein Pancakes Recipe
For the batter
- 2 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 20 gram ground almonds
- 300 ml almond milk
- 200 gram oat flour
- 100 gram unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- coconut oil, for frying
For the jam
- 200 gram mixed berries blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- To make vegan protein pancakes, take the chia seeds and mix them with 6 tbsp of water. Let them soak.
- Mash the mixed berries in a pan. Put them on low-medium heat until they become syrupy and bubbly. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the flaxseeds, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Let it cool.
- Take the ground almonds, almond milk, flour, applesauce, maple syrup and a pinch of salt and put them in a blender. Stir the chia seeds to check if they became thick and gloopy and then add them to the mixture. Mix all until you get a smooth batter.
- Prepare a large frying pan and heat 1tsp of coconut oil on the medium fire. When heated, add dollops of batter. Cook for a couple of minutes until bubbles form on the top side. When the top turns to sandy color, turn over the pancake with a spatula. Set aside and keep warm, until you repeat the process with the remaining batter. Remember to add coconut oil with each pancake. You should get about 16 pancakes.
- Pile the pancakes one on top of the other and put jam between the layers. Make a stack of a couple of pancakes and decorate the top with a spoonful of jam. If you prefer, you can scatter some fresh berries and nuts as well. Enjoy!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.