is unavoidable at times, but it is important to keep your levels low to protect .
What is Saturated Fat?
Saturated fat is a type of fat levels. More importantly, it levels of LDL cholesterol, which is the “bad” form of fat that can contribute to a poor profile in the .that double bonds between the since it is “saturated” with molecules. Along with trans , saturated fats are considered some of the least options for fat in the , since it will increase overall
As mentioned, some amount of saturated fat can be hard to avoid, but the recommendation is that your daily intake of under control!should not have more than 5% in the form of saturated fats. In a normal diet, that is equivalent to roughly 100-120 calories, or between 12-15 grams of saturated fat. If you can completely eliminate saturated fat from your diet, that is ideal, but also unrealistic, so just keep it
Effects of Saturated Fat
The effects of saturated fats include elevated cholesterol and a greater heart conditions.for
As more cholesterol is turned intoand deposited in the , it will increase your risk of .
How to Cut Down on Saturated Fat?
If you want to reduce your intake of saturated fats, some of the best things you can do include the following:
- Step 1: Shop for reduced fat or low-fat foods.
- Step 2: Compare different products to find the best between saturated and fat.
- Step 3: Eat more fruits and vegetables, and less red meat.
- Step 4: Choose leaner cuts of meat.
- Step 5: Trim visible fat from your meat.
- Step 6: Use healthier olive oil, not canola oil, for example) when your (use
- Step 7: Cut down on junk , , and fast food, all of which are notoriously high in saturated fats.