If you think healthy and tasty can’t spinach is going to bust that myth for you. It is absolutely easy to make. The beauty of this pasta is such that you can prepare it on days when you feel like putting together a quick lunch for your kids or you can pair it with red wine for a dinner party.in hand, this mouthwatering
How To Make Spinach Pasta?
You probably know the drill. Boil the pasta, saute and mix the butter and/or , and there you go. But what makes a dish worth remembering is minute details like the perfect crunch of the nuts, the tenderness of pasta, and many other things. So, take a look at these tips and suggestions to create a drool-worthy pasta!, add
Pasta: While we have used penne here, you can try making apasta with , farfalle, or any other type of paste you like.
Veggies: Kids generally don’t like the idea of greens on the plate. So, if you want to hide the spinach leaves from the pasta, puree blanched spinach and add it to the pasta. Also, feel free to add other veggies like broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes, and avocados if you like.
Cheese: We have used ricotta cheese in this recipe. If you are not a fan of the gritty texture it has, go for any other variety you like. You can skip adding in the cooking and top the pasta with grated parmesan.
Butter: olive oil is a good option.makes the pasta creamier and better. However, if you are seeking a healthier alternative,
Nuts and seasoning: Toastedadd a crunch to pasta. So, go ahead and add your favorite nuts to it.
Spinach Pasta RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 lb spinach
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp pine nuts optional
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- To start with, add ricotta to a bowl and season it with salt and pepper. Keep it aside for now.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add olive oil, stir it and then add pasta to it. Let it cook for about 8-10 minutes until it becomes tender.
- Now, carefully drain the pasta in a colander and keep it aside. Reserve one cup of pasta water so that you can use it to make the sauce.
- While the pasta is cooking, you can start preparing the sauce. Start with toasting the pine nuts if you want to add them to your pasta.
- Take a large skillet or a saucepan and add the nuts to it. Cook them on medium heat, stirring occasionally so that they don't burn. Once they are ready, transfer them to a small bowl. You can opt-out of this step if you are not adding pine nuts to your pasta.
- Now add butter to the same pan or skillet and let it melt over medium heat. Add minced garlic and saute it until it turns golden brown. This will take about 2 minutes.
- As soon as the garlic is done, add spinach to your pan. Mix it properly so that all the leaves get enough heat. You can also add the pasta water at this stage to help the spinach wilt.
- Sprinkle salt on the sauce now. Then add heavy cream and stir it well. Cook until the sauce becomes thick and then you can add more spices like pepper and salt if you want.
- Now, add the pasta to this sauce and toss until all the pasta is covered with sauce.
- Stir and cook for a minute if you feel like the sauce is not thick enough. If it is good to go, then turn off the heat and add ricotta to it. Mix it well and season the pasta again if you want.
- Serve it on a plate and top with toasted pine nuts. You can garnish it with one or two basil leaves.
You can pair this amazing pasta with many dishes. Here are our favorites:
It is a versatile dish. So, don’t hesitate to give it your personal touch! We would love to know how you customized your pasta. So, post your pasta recipe and tag us on Instagram or Facebook!