Summer is a time when staying hydrated is important! Everyone dreams of having a healthy and bikini-perfect body at this time of the year. Think of spending sweltering summer afternoons beside a pool enjoying your favorite drink, isn’t it amazing? Unfortunately, most summer drinks are full of sugar which is not good for health and the body. What better way than to quench your thirst with healthy and easy-to-make summer drinks?
Top 5 Healthy Summer Drinks
Here is a list of healthy and delicious summer drinks which you can make on your own, without worrying about calorie content.
Lime Mint Thirst Quencher
It tastes just like a Mojito, but without the overloaded calories. It’s delicious, healthy, affordable, and easy to make.
- Step 1: Mix all the above ingredients well in a glass pitcher.
- Step 2: Add ice cubes and give it a good stir.
- Step 3: You can add lemon slices as a garnish.
Watermelon Mint Chiller
Watermelon mint chiller is an all-time favorite summer beverage because of its instant refreshing and light taste. is high in water content and it helps to hydrate the body instantly.
- Step 1: Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Step 2: Pour it in glasses, over ice cubes, and garnish with additional mint if desired.
Hot Pink Cooler
Beet is a great source of nutrients, fiber, folate, and vitamin C. This red root vegetable helps in lowering and is low in calories. This hot pink cooler is not too sweet, not too bitter or not too sour – it has a fresh natural earthy taste.
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)
- Step 2: Wash the beets under running water. Peel and slice beets.
- Step 3: Apply olive oil on the beets, wrap them in foil and place in the preheated oven.
- Step 4: Bake for 50 minutes or until they become tender.
- Step 5: Let the beets rest at room temperature. them and make sure they are chilled.
- Step 6: Remove the chilled beets from foil.
- Step 7: Blend the beets and ginger making a smooth viscous liquid.
- Step 8: Add orange and lemon juice, blend again.
- Step 9: Add ice cubes and enjoy!
- Step 1: Heat the water in a saucepan until it boils.
- Step 2: Remove it from the stove. Add honey and sea salt, and stir until they dissolve.
- Step 3: Add the honey water, orange, lemon juice, and the leftover water in a pitcher.
- Step 4: Mix well and refrigerate until ready to drink.
Sparkling Pomegranate Drink
This sparklingdrink is great for health and its slightly tart flavor tastes delicious. It also works great for special occasions. Pomegranates are full of antioxidants and vitamin C.
1/2 cup sparkling seltzer water
Juice of 1 lemon
- Step 1: Mix all the above ingredients and shake well.
- Step 2: Serve chilled and enjoy!
You can get innovative by using your favorite ingredients to make summer beverages. There are many money-saving online deals for beverages which are low in cost and calories. Staying healthy isn’t always a bland choice. You can enjoy great health and have amazing easy-to-make summer drinks too!