Using tea tree oil for lice treatment is an extremely effective way to keep your hair free from the symptoms of lice like and skin bumps. It is rich in and properties that further aids in eliminating head lice infestation. For best results, you should know exactly how to use it.
Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Lice
Using tea tree oil for head lice treatment has the following benefits.
Research suggests that a 1 percent solution of tea tree oil can completely eliminate lice from your head. At the same time, you should also be aware that an increased of tea tree oil may result in many side effects.
Tea tree oil prevents the hairfrom getting clogged, thereby nourishing roots and promoting hair growth.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Lice Treatment
The following are steps to naturally prepare and apply tea tree oil in order to eliminate lice from your head.
- Step 1: Mix 3 tablespoons of coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of peppermint oil and 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil.
- Step 2: Massage your hair thoroughly with this solution. Then using a comb that is fine-toothed, comb your hair gently.
- Step 3: Now allow the oil to set in for about 2 hours. After this, comb your hair and have it rinsed thoroughly to remove the oil completely.
- Step 4: To saturate your hair, apply a mixture of 1 cup of water and 2 cups of apple cider vinegar. You can use a hairspray bottle to apply this mixture. Another round of rinsing and combing should follow this.
- Step 5: Finally, apply some and allow it to settle. Make sure you follow this entire procedure once a week for a month to ensure that all lice and eggs are killed.
Note: You can also add a few drops of tea tree oil to yourto get rid of lice.
Tea Tree Oil for Children
Tea tree oil is well-known for being very strong even if it is mixed with a carrier oil so avoid using it on infants younger than six months. In the case of children above six months, make sure you carefully do a patch test on them to see if they are allergic.
Word of Caution: Do not directly apply tea tree oil to your hair or skin as it may result in severe burns.