Summer just is not the same without having your friends over for a barbecue. The food, the laughter, the memories made; it’s the perfect recipe for an amazing day. But many people don’t do this because they equate grilling with meat. Totally not true! Giving up meat does not mean giving up grilling. In fact, there are some amazing vegan recipes that will be the hit of your party!
5 Amazing Plant-Based Vegan Recipes
Throw one or all of these 5 plant-based vegan recipes into your menu and you will have something for everyone.
Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- Step 1: Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium in a saucepan.
- Step 2: Sautee the onion, peppers, and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Step 3: In a bowl, mash the and add the sautéed veggies and the remaining ingredients.
- Step 4: Shape into patties and grill until lightly browned. You can even add avocado slices to the burger.
Grilled Avocado with Roasted Tomatoes
Definitely sure to be a crowd pleaser, and simple at the same time, this recipe combines the rich flavor of avocado with the tang of roasted tomatoes.
4 limes (sliced into wedges)
1 cup of chopped onion
1 cup of fresh corn
1 cup of grape tomatoes
3 jalapeno peppers
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp , more on the side
Salt and pepper
¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Step 1: Turn your grill to medium-hot and set your oven at a roast setting as high as it goes.
- Step 2: Add tomatoes, garlic cloves, corn, and onion to a bowl and toss.
- Step 3: Clean out the insides and stems from two peppers; chop and add to the bowl.
- Step 4: Top with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and toss mix to coat.
- Step 5: Line a baking pan with parchment paper and then spread vegetable mix on paper.
- Step 6: Roast in the oven until the whole thing is lightly browned. You will need to turn the mixture once or twice while it is cooking to avoid burning.
- Step 7: Slice the avocados in half and coat each flesh side with olive oil.
- Step 8: Place the flesh side on the grill and cook until warm. They may be slightly charred.
- Step 9: Once they are cooked, turn them over and fill with cooked roasted .
- Step 10: Top with chopped cilantro and the remainder of the peppers, sliced. Squeeze some to finish it off. Serve and enjoy!
Creamy Fruit Popsicles
- Step 1: Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor until they are well combined.
- Step 2: Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and let them freeze overnight.
Note: These will need to be made the day before your party to ensure they have time to freeze.
Grilled Garlic-Herb Corn
Everyone loves corn on the cob, vegan or not! Add some pizzazz to yours with this perfectly vegan recipe.
- Step 1: Take a small bowl and combine all of the and the softened margarine.
- Step 2: Keep it refrigerated for at least one hour.
- Step 3: Once it has chilled, spread it over the corn until the corn is completely covered.
- Step 4: Wrap each ear in aluminum foil and grill it for 15 minutes. Be sure to turn it often.
Refreshing Watermelon Lemonade
Having the right vegan food for your party is sure to make you popular, but adding a plant-based beverage to your menu will place you on rock star status. This watermelon lemonade is easy to make and delicious to drink, so be sure you have plenty on hand!
Servings: 1 pitcher
- Step 1: Use a food processor to liquify the watermelon, then pour it into a pitcher.
- Step 2: Add and ice cubes, then top with fresh mint. Serve cold!
The Ingredients for a Perfect Vegan Party
From appetizers to dessert, everything here is sure to make your plant-based menu the perfect design for your barbecue party. Don’t skimp on fresh ingredients for that added flavor. Plan your meal ahead so you know how long each recipe will take and can time everything to be finished optimally. Between the advice and recipes here, your party will be a great success!