What Are Water Chestnuts?
Water nuts but vegetables that grow in marshes, , and . The tuber are also known as corms. These small, white, round corms are crisp and and have a thick, dark brown skin. They are native to (India, China, Japan, ), Australia, Africa, and certain in the and Indian . They are popular in and are often called Chinese water chestnuts. The corms can be eaten raw as well as cooked. In Indonesia, they are blended and made into a delicious, drink.(Eleocharis dulcis) are not
Water chestnuts are often potatoes and are shaped like bats.with water caltrops (Trapa natans). However, water caltrops are not sweet; they taste like
Let us look at the top health benefits of water chestnuts.
Rich in Antioxidants
Lower Blood Pressure
The high positively linked to lower of ailments and .content in water chestnuts helps reduce the blood pressure levels in the body. Potassium acts as a and helps dilate blood vessels, ensuring a smooth blood in the body. rich in potassium have been
Prevent Heart Diseases
Water chestnuts help decrease the incidence of heart diseases in two ways. They help reduce water retention by regulating sodium levels in the body and they reduce the incidence of . They contain no , only a trace of , and have a fraction of the of other , such as cashew nuts and .
Water chestnuts do not contain cholesterol and fat and are rich in dietary. These crisp, crunchy vegetables are low in calories and are best had in and stir- . With their nutrient-rich profile, they make an excellent addition to any loss regimen.
Help Fight Cancer
Increase Immunity Levels
- In Chinese , they are used as a remedy to strengthen the and increase overall vigor.
- They also contain high levels of which is beneficial for .
- protein. In Chinese traditional medicine, the flour is mixed with water and given to reduce and ease the discomfort caused due to jaundice and measles. made from chestnuts is naturally -free and high in
How To Use Water Chestnuts?
You can buy fresh orwater chestnuts and they can be used in a number of ways such as:
- They can be eaten raw, , boiled, or roasted but have to be .
- They can be added to soups, stir-fries, rice . , or
- Chestnut flour can be used to make , noodles, and as a .
- water chestnut is used to make and .
- They can be blended into a healthy .
Word of caution: Water chestnuts can causeand nausea if eaten in excess.