Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Cauliflower Croutons Recipe
A simple and easy recipe to make on a busy weeknight, using cauliflower, red onion, garlic, and coconut cream. Simplicity at its best!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 1 large cauliflower (choose one which is creamy in color, the florets should be tight and firm.)
- 1 red onion
- 2 pods garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp clarified butter (you can use other oil or preferably butter, but clarified butter gives it a unique flavor)
- 1 tsp mixed spices (garam masala)
- red chili flakes as per taste
- salt and pepper as per taste
- 1 tbsp coconut cream (optional)
To make creamy cauliflower soup with crispy cauliflower croutons, first and foremost, divide the cauliflower into two parts and cut into tiny flowers. Preferably blanch the cauliflower in warm or hot water as sometimes there could be small insects in them.
Roast half of the cauliflower pieces in the oven with salt, crushed red pepper, and olive oil. Sauté the other half in a pan with diced onions, clarified butter & garlic till they turn brown.
When the cauliflower is roasted (for approximately 20 mins in the oven) reserve some of them for topping as croutons.
Mix the remaining roasted cauliflower pieces in the sauté pan. Thereafter, add water to it and let it simmer. Hand-blend it for a smooth consistency.
Now add garam masala, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve the soup with roasted cauliflower as croutons. You can also add a heaping dollop of coconut cream to enhance its taste.