Delicious Matcha Green Tea Frappuccino Recipe
Make your own version of the delicious cold drink by adding milk, matcha tea powder and a sweetener of your choice!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 cups of milk as per your preference
- 4 cups of ice
- 2 tbsp matcha tea powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4-1/2 tbsp salt optional
To make Whipped Cream
- 2 tsp of powdered white sugar
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
To make matcha green tea frappuccino, first, let us start by making the whipped cream. In a tall container, whip together heavy cream and powdered white sugar. Use a handheld blender to mix the two. Continue to mix the heavy cream and sugar until you get soft peaks. Once done, set it aside.
Now, in a separate blender add sifted matcha powder, salt, condensed milk, milk (of your choice), ice, and vanilla extract and blend them together till you get a smooth and slushy consistency.
Once done, pour the drink in two glasses and add the whipped cream and sifted matcha powder as a garnish. Remember to re-whisk the whipped cream till it fluffs up before adding it to the drinks. Use a spoon to add a lump of the whipped cream to the drinks. Serve the cold drinks with a straw and enjoy!
- You can substitute your regular milk with almond, coconut or oats milk if you are vegan.
- You can add honey instead of sugar as the former is a healthier option. Some people like to enjoy this drink without adding any sweetener to it.