Traditional Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
Nothing compares to the comfort provided by PB&J. It gets ready in a span of minutes and is over before you know!
Prep Time2 mins
Total Time2 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 4 slices bread white, preferable
- 2 tbsp peanut butter creamy or chunky
- 2 tbsp grape jelly
Spread the peanut butter on two slices of the bread. Cover the corners as well.
Now, spread jelly on the other two slices of bread. Avoid nut-buttering the slice on which you are going to put jelly or else the jelly will have nothing to cling on to. It will easily slide out of the sandwich while you are eating it.
Once done, put the slices with peanut butter and jelly together to form a sandwich and cut it diagonally. Repeat the same with other slices.
Your PB&J is ready to eat!
- If you are not a fan of white bread, you can use any bread you like. For people with gluten intolerance, use gluten-free bread.
- Grill the sandwich if you like having it crispy.
- You can substitute grape jelly with strawberry jelly, applesauce or any jam of your choice.
- Try to make a fluffernutter by replacing the jelly with marshmallow fluff.
- You can jazz up the sandwich by adding fruit slices like banana or strawberry slices to it.
- If you are feeding the sandwich to your toddler, cut off the sides of the sandwich. You can use the sides to make breadcrumbs for thickening your soup.